Navigation bar

  • About Me
  • Renovation
  • Decor
  • Crafty
  • Life

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Vase Transformation

Hello! Back again to share another little crafty project I did over the weekend. This one was super simple and I had been wanting to do it for a while. All I needed that I didn't have on hand was some twine...and when I bought the sisal rope at Hobby Lobby on Saturday, guess what was wrapped around it....twine. Perfect. Here's how my little vase transformation turned out:


Pretty cute, right? Here's what I did. I had this kinda plain clear vase I got a few years back (It's been a while but I think I just picked it up at Wal-mart). I had filled it with pinecones for a nice fall/winter decor touch, and I've just kind of left it that way for a while. It sits on our end table in the living room. Lately I've been wanting to spruce it up a little.

I have a bag of skeleton keys (Remember when I used some for my skeleton key art project?), so I thought I would just take some twine and wrap it around the vase, then tie a skeleton key to it. Super easy. I even painted the tip of the key with some craft paint I already had for a "dipped" look.


Supplies needed:
- a glass vase with some filler inside
- some twine or string
- an old key
- craft paint and brush


For now it's sitting next to the vacation jar I also made this weekend and shared yesterday (see that post here).


I kinda love how it turned out! And besides the drying time for the painted key (It took 2 light coats of acrylic paint), it was a really quick project that can be done in an afternoon. Ya know, when you're bored sitting at home like me, with a million projects running through your head....


Hope you like it! :)

Linked up to: The Pin Junkie, Domestic Superhero, Liz Marie Blog, Tatertots & Jello

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured on...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...