Navigation bar

  • About Me
  • Renovation
  • Decor
  • Crafty
  • Life

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Age of Aquarius

It looks like I'm just in the weekly posting mode now. I really must be in a decor/reno/creativity slump! Either that or I'm exhausting all of my energy at work everyday. Not to mention braving the extreme cold to go grocery shopping. One of the things I hate doing in winter! Is everyone staying warm? This has been the coldest winter I think we've had in a long time. Another -30 degree wind chill day today. Spring can get here anytime now!

Anyway, moving on, I thought it would be fun to do a monthly post with astrological-themed decor. (Joss and Main, anyone?) If you're not aware, Joss and Main has a sale event every month based on the Zodiac sign of that month. They were my original inspiration, of course. But I've always had kind of an interest in astrology for as long as I could remember. I read a lot of magazines growing up, and always had to check my horoscope. I even cut them all out and collected my horoscopes for a while. So I thought that gathering up some of my own favorite decor-related items inspired by each sign of the zodiac would be a good time. So here's my first one: Aquarius inspired decor!

According to Astrology.com, those born under the Aquarius sign in the zodiac (January 20 - February 18) are humanitarians, and think a lot about how to make things work better. They are technology lovers, intellectuals and visionaries. They are "the trailblazers of the zodiac." The symbol for Aquarius is the Water Bearer, and its element is Air. Shiny silvers and aqua blues are colors that represent this sign well.

When it comes to decor, when I think of Aquarius, I think of calm, cool and airy. Silvers, blues and aquas. Modern and fresh with cooler colors. So without further ado, here are my Aquarius-Inspired Decor Picks (sources at the bottom):




 



So those are some of my favorite Aquarius-inspired decor items out there. I love the airy, turquoisey vibe. Hope you enjoy my picks as much as I did shopping around for them :) And just for fun, here is a whole room I think goes well with this theme:


Stay warm, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured on...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...