Navigation bar

  • About Me
  • Renovation
  • Decor
  • Crafty
  • Life

Friday, May 2, 2014

April Showers, Bring May Flowers

It's May! The grass is now green, the leaves are starting to appear back on the trees, my hostas and flowers are starting to come back (woohoo!), and overall it's looking very springy outside. The view out the window is looking a lot more pleasant...


Which is nice, considering this past week has been cold and rainy. And muddy. But that brownish stuff coming up in the lawn are the peonies! Love when they pop up every spring. Time will tell if my hydrangeas will come back up. I don't have a picture, but right now they're looking kind of dead. I think the bitterly cold winter may have did them in. I'm still crossing my fingers though.

We've been busy once again, getting ready for our Texas vacation. We leave May 10th - next Saturday! Getting super excited! Trent has been out mowing and tilling yards. And I have been working on Haley's wedding invitations..and oh yeah, just plain working.

I wish I could magically snap my fingers and the porch would be all decorated with fresh flowers and pots, but we haven't really had any time to go shopping for flowers yet this year, or for seeds for the garden. So it looks like I won't be starting my summer porch decorating until after May 17 when we get back from our vacation, and we'll have a late garden planting, too.

I'm going to try to plan some posts for when we are on our trip, so that my blog isn't so sparse while we're busy having fun in San Antonio and lounging on the beach in Corpus Christi. Maybe I'll even have time to post while we're down there, or I'll gain some new found inspiration....We shall see. 8 days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured on...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...