Navigation bar

  • About Me
  • Renovation
  • Decor
  • Crafty
  • Life

Thursday, February 14, 2013

The Story of Us

   Happy Valentine's Day! ❤ ❤ 

Every Valentine's Day, I come home from work to a romantic candlelit pasta dinner cooked by Trent. He even makes me a creative dessert. :) This year is our fifth Valentine's Day together. Today, in honor of the holiday, I thought I'd write a post on how we met and fell in love!

Trent and I have been together almost five years now. We started dating in May of 2008. I was 20, and Trent was 24. We grew up about 40 miles away from each other, both in small Illinois towns.
(Weren't we cute?)

Believe it or not, we actually first "met" on MySpace. We had a few mutual friends in common, and Trent added me as a "friend" back in 2006, when I was 18. I didn't know who he was, but he seemed like a nice guy. This was the start of our very first conversation:

Deep, huh? haha. Trent sent out a bulletin to everyone on his friends list, and I had never talked to him before, so I figured I'd say Hi, never thinking it would ever become of anything. But, Trent thought I was cute (see above, haha). We started talking on instant messenger and both asked a mutual friend about the other person. We bonded over being from small towns and both liking the same kinds of music. (We also both liked Spaghettios.) We began talking on the phone, and I finally agreed to let him take me out on a date. For our first date, we were going to go to the Olive Garden, but there was a 45 minute wait. So we went to Applebee's. Then we saw the Owen Wilson movie, Drillbit Taylor (yep, I haven't seen it since). We had a second date...a third date...and so on...and, somewhere in between these dates and our meeting up in the Hy-Vee parking lot...we fell in love...

(These are from some of our first dates together in 2008.)

...And almost five years later, are happily living together in the house Trent grew up in.
I'm almost 25 now, and Trent's almost 29. We've done so much together, shared so many memories, and now I couldn't imagine my life without him.

Happy Valentine's Day, babe!! xo

2 comments:

  1. Love You Whitney! Thanks for this entry, Can't believe how time flies. Hope you're ready for dinner tonight, should be awesome as always ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, my first comment :) Love you too

    ReplyDelete

Featured on...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...