Navigation bar

  • About Me
  • Renovation
  • Decor
  • Crafty
  • Life

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Easy Burlap Frame Mat

Thought I would share an easy little crafty project I did this week. I picked up some burlap from JoAnn's to make some fun fall projects. I've been wanting to use it as kind of a mat in my little frame gallery. So the other night, I finally did it. And was actually really surprised how quick I whipped it together.


I've seen lots of different ways to add burlap to frames, but mine just might be the easiest. (Don't know if that's a good or bad thing. Ha!) 

Here's how I did it. I just started with a roll of the burlap fabric, and opened up my Ribba IKEA frame. Then I set the frame on top of the fabric and cut around it. I knew it wouldn't have to be perfect, because the edges would be covered by that small edge inside of the frame anyway. So I did ZERO measurements!


Then once I had a piece that would fit into the frame (see those imperfect edges? Doesn't matter!), I just took a black and white 5x7 photo I had taken and literally just taped the back of it onto the center of the burlap with a couple of pieces of scotch tape rolled up on the back. It's just enough to make it stay in the center. You can even use Scotch mounting photo squares or double-sided tape if you have it.


Then voila! Close up the frame, and there's your burlap mat. It only took me about 10-15 minutes. Now that's the kind of project I like!


I love it for fall and winter. It adds a nice bit of warmth to the frame wall.


Here's some wider shots of how it looks in the living room:




Pardon the glare. There was way too much light coming in from the windows to take a glare-free picture of these frames! But you get the idea.



I love burlap crafts. It's so easy to form and cut, and it has great texture. Super versatile! Can't wait to make more crafty things with it. :)

Linked up to:  Tatertots and Jello, The Pin Junkie, Suburbs Mama, Liz Marie Blog, Domestic Superhero.

4 comments:

  1. I love the way your gallery wall looks! The burlap with the white frame and black & white photo is perfect. I'll be mentioning this on my blog tomorrow as a favorite from the Pin Junkie Blogiversary Link Party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I will definitely stop by to check it out! :)

      Delete
  2. I was looking around the Internet for some framing inspiration and came across your blog. Love the idea of the burlap and white frame. Goes very nicely with your photos. Just thought I'd stop by and let you know :)

    ReplyDelete

Featured on...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...