Navigation bar

  • About Me
  • Renovation
  • Decor
  • Crafty
  • Life

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Welcome Pumpkin

I have been meaning to post this for a couple of days now. You now how it goes...I can't seem to get any time anymore! But here it is. The first pumpkin I decorated this year:


The pumpkin is fake, although it looks kinda real, huh? I ordered it from JoAnn's on sale. I decided to just do a simple "Welcome" for the porch. I got the template for the lettering from here.

It was really easy...as long as you have a little patience! Here's what I started with:


Then I just printed out the template found at the above link, and cut out the letters. I then taped it onto the pumpkin where I wanted the word to be.


Then I traced the word just like it was a stencil.


And I painted inside the lines with some black acrylic paint. This is where the patience comes in.


And voila, about two episodes of Full House later and I had my own "Welcome" pumpkin!


Here it is sitting on the front porch. Isn't it purdy? (psst- see that little orangish-greenish pumpkin on top of the wooden crate - the one by the fake gord? Yea, that grew in our backyard! Cute little guy.)


P.S. I owe you updated Fall front porch photos. And I will have that ready for you soon. Promise.
P.P.S. Landscaping is complete! Finished project pictures tomorrow. Aren't you excited? I am. :)


Linked to: Tatertots and Jello, Decor and the Dog Pumpkin Party, Liz Marie Blog, The Pin Junkie, Domestic Superhero, Twelve O Eight, Suburbs Mama

5 comments:

  1. So great. I think I need to make one of these for my front step. Thanks for linking up to the Pumpkin Parade

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable! the lettering is perfect and i love it in the crate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I love the lettering and the fact that it's something you can use every year. Welcome never goes out of style. =)

    Thanks for linking up to the Pumpkin Parade!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? It's simple and timeless which I love.

      Delete

Featured on...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...