Navigation bar

  • About Me
  • Renovation
  • Decor
  • Crafty
  • Life

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thankful...

I have to be honest...Thanksgiving was never my favorite holiday as a kid. It was just another family get together where we ate a big meal and went to both Grandparents' houses. There were no presents like at Christmas time, no Easter egg hunts or fireworks...there was nothing "fun" about Thanksgiving. 

It isn't until you're older that you actually realize what this holiday is about, and as a matter a fact, it's actually a pretty cool holiday. What other holiday exists that is ALL about being thankful for what you have? That is kind of cool, right?

Image from here - visit the link for directions on how to make that banner!

So I thought I would list a few things I'm thankful for this Thanksgiving, because as I've come to realize, I have a lot of things to be thankful for!

  1. I'm thankful for the house that Trent and I have together, which we were GIVEN and have shared many memories in together so far. Even though it has caused us frustration at times and has a LOT of improvements left to make...it has been too fun of a journey making it our own that we wouldn't trade it in for a new one quite yet.
  2. I'm thankful for Trent and the fact that we have spent 5 1/2 years together and our relationship is as close to perfect as I could ever ask for. We've lived together for over 3 years now and accept each other's faults. He cooks for me, and I pick up after him. ;)
  3. I'm thankful for having grown up with a loving and caring family. To have no worries at all because we always knew we were taken care of, and we always knew we had a house and two parents to come home to at the end of everyday.
  4. I'm thankful for Trent's family, that they have always been nothing but kind to me, and the fact that they live so close. They are always here for us to lend a hand whenever we need it, whether it's helping to start my car, watching Saleen when we're away, helping with our yard sale, getting our taxes done, or having a place to put our trash every Tuesday night. :)
  5. I'm thankful for my amazing and reliable car that has been awesome over the past year and a half. It gets me from point A to point B everyday, and I have had very little issues with it. One less thing I have to worry about.
  6. I'm thankful that I have the ability to keep calm in stressful situations and can always look on the bright side of things. I balance Trent out because of this, which is one reason we are pretty much the perfect match.
  7. I'm thankful that I get to be a bridesmaid in my sister's wedding next summer. I cannot wait, and am so excited that I finally get to be a bridesmaid!
  8. I'm thankful for all of the people I've met in my life, whether it be coworkers, classmates, teachers, family, friends, or just acquaintances that I said hello and goodbye to once in a while. So many people have played a part in who I am or have influenced me in some way. I love learning from other people and the different personalities they have, good or bad.
  9. I'm thankful to have known all of my grandparents and to have been able to spend so much time with them as a kid. You don't fully appreciate them until they are gone sometimes. To have had such loving and caring grandparents as I have is definitely something to be thankful for.
  10. Finally, I am thankful that my parents made me go to Sunday school and church every Sunday growing up. Even though it was sometimes a pain getting up early in the morning to go to Sunday school when all I wanted to do was sleep in, growing up with a church community that I came to know almost like family, who watched us grow up, and most importantly, taught me morals and values that helped make me who I am today, is truly a blessing looking back. Another thing you never realize until you are older and can appreciate it.

So what are you thankful for this Thanksgiving? Ok, let's be real. I can't wait to stuff my face today and do some online shopping tonight. :p

H A P P Y  T H A N K S G I V I N G

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured on...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...