Navigation bar

  • About Me
  • Renovation
  • Decor
  • Crafty
  • Life

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Flowery Goodness

Just popping in today to share a couple of pictures that I posted on Instagram and Facebook over the weekend. Why? Because it's summer, and I have yet to share what's been growing around the house and in the yard.

As you might remember, I filled all of my porch flower pots the night before we left for Texas about a month ago. I picked up an abundance of flowers at Lowe's that I thought would be great for my pots. I ended up getting probably more flowers than I had room for!

Nonetheless, I'm happy to report that with all of the rain we've gotten so far this summer, my porch flowers are doing really well. These are some of my favorites: 



As you can see, my mini Owl garden stake friend is back again this year (it was a Target find last summer). I love the tall pink flowers - they bloom and look like bright pink fire with spiky leaves! I can't remember off the top of my head what they're called, but I'll try to update this post with the names of all of these.

In other flower news, my hydrangea is slowly coming back up, just the leaves though. It has yet to bloom this year and is really stubby. :( Trent has yet to trim the rose bush, so that's a slow bloomer too this year. The peonies have already bloomed and closed up, and the Bleeding hearts looked really pretty this spring.

What flowers are growing in your yard? Anything good?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured on...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...