Navigation bar

  • About Me
  • Renovation
  • Decor
  • Crafty
  • Life

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Office Progress

I was moving files to my external hard drive the other day, when I found this photo:
  
This was what the upstairs office space looked like before I moved in. Sorry Trent, but....it was a little BLAH!

Today, it looks like this:
Yep, me and my colorful self moved in!! I guess you could call it progress, but it still needs a lot of work. I showed you my office before, but now you can see that I'm running out of storage space. And I need to hang my artwork. We did paint about 3/4 of the walls in this room and hung beadboard, but the trim around the ceiling still needs to be done, as evident by the huge gap between the wall paneling and the ceiling.

It would also be extremely nice to have a cabinet for storing all of my art supplies. Instead of a bunch of storage boxes stacked on top of each other.

Last week we cleaned out the nook in the corner above the stairs where Trent's old stuff was sitting. It still needs painted. See the ugly brown sponge paint that this entire room used to be filled with?
That yellow cord hanging down is our power supply for this room. There are no wall outlets upstairs. Another joy of living in a hundred-year-old house. Extension cords are your friends.

My new WHITE bookcases are still sitting pretty after my little makeover. (See Part 1 and Part 2 of my bookcase remodeling project for more info). Someday we want to gut the whole upstairs, and redo the flooring. In the mean time I'll be happy with finishing the painting and trim, and putting down a rug!

That's all for today..Just thought I'd share some updated photos of my office and what still needs to be done. Paint, trim, a rug and some storage solutions are definitely on my to-do list this summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured on...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...