Navigation bar

  • About Me
  • Renovation
  • Decor
  • Crafty
  • Life

Monday, September 9, 2013

Fall Decorating from Years Past

Can you tell I have fall decor on the brain? Never too early to start thinking about it, right? It is September, after all. I know I'm a summer girl at heart, but I need to think about it in order to get into the fall mood, and what better time to start. Today I thought I'd share some of the ways I've decorated for fall in the last couple of years that we've lived in this house.

I don't think I took any photos of our porch last year, but I did find some from 2011:




Last year's decor was similar, but I also found an old crate that I added and created a little display in the corner with it. Once we get the foundation fixed this year, I would love to get a new front door (that actually opens and closes all the way maybe?) and get rid of that screen door that's really annoying when you're trying to unlock the door and have a million things in your hands!

One of my favorite things about fall is the Scenic Drive in our area that we started going to a couple of years ago. It's tons of flea markets, yard sales, and antique shops in the Knox County/ Spoon River valley area. I always find cute fall decor there, like this garden flag I got a couple of years back:


Here are a few more scenes from the Scenic Drive in years past:






If anything can get you into the spirit of fall it's the Scenic Drive. Trent also picked up this old guitar at one of the sales on the drive (it's sitting in our bedroom now):


A little more fall decor from last year and the year before:





Can't forget the Halloween candy. :) I have a few more ideas up my sleeve for this year. Some involving jar crafts, painted pumpkins, and mums! Get ready for fall, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured on...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...