Navigation bar

  • About Me
  • Renovation
  • Decor
  • Crafty
  • Life

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Mum's the Word

As I mentioned in my earlier post, this year I finally bought some Mums for the front porch. Mums look great in the fall with pumpkins, and even though I don't have any real pumpkins yet, I'm excited about my first-ever mums.

I bought them last night at Lowe's. I really recommend going to Lowe's for them - they had a huge selection, all lined up in front of the garden center, in all different sizes. I picked up 2 medium-sized yellow ones. These came in little "barrel" planters and were about $8.00 each:


Then there were smaller ones for $5 and $3. I picked up the one purple bunch I saw there, which was one of the $5.00 ones (looking a little wilty here because of the heat - no worries though, we've watered it since!):



I'm hoping to do something like this with it, and make my own little faux pumpkin planter, since this one came sans-planter:


(from here and here - Click the links for tutorials)

So that's my little share of the day. So excited about my new Mums! Who else thinks they are SO pretty? For more about Mums (how to care for them, etc.) visit this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured on...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...