Navigation bar

  • About Me
  • Renovation
  • Decor
  • Crafty
  • Life

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies

Last night I did a little baking. It's a rare occasion, but I've been wanting to make cookies for a while, and I decided to make peanut butter kiss cookies - one of my favorite Christmas cookies!


The recipe I used was this one from Chef-in-training.com. I also posted the recipe below - Perfect for the holidays! They turned out delicious!



Trent helped me mix a little bit and put them in the oven. Always nice to have a little help, especially for me, considering I haven't made a lot of cookies from scratch in my day. ;)



Here's the recipe:

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup butter (softened)
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 2/3 cup peanut butter
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 3 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 bag Hershey's chocolate kisses

Directions:
  1. Place butter in microwave about 15 seconds to soften to room temperature. Cream butter and sugars together in a large bowl.
  2. Add peanut butter and mix well.
  3. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until well combined.
  4. Add baking soda, salt, and flour, and mix until well-incorporated.
  5. Roll into 1 inch balls, then roll each ball into sugar.
  6. Place on greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees F for 8 minutes. 
  7. Immediately when done baking, gently press a chocolate kiss into the center of each cookie.
  8. Place on a cooling rack and let cool completely.
I unwrapped kisses while I was waiting for the cookies to bake. Saves a little bit of time when you're having to put the kisses on the cookies while they're still warm.


The mixture made around 32 or so cookies. But I did save a little bit of the dough to eat out of the bowl..I have to say, the leftover dough was quite delicious! :)

Linked to: Tatertots & JelloThe Pin Junkie, Domestic Superhero, Liz Marie Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured on...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...