Navigation bar

  • About Me
  • Renovation
  • Decor
  • Crafty
  • Life

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Puppy Chow Recipe

Last Halloween, I made puppy chow for the first time. If you don't know what puppy chow is, you are not American it's a yummy finger-food dessert also known as "muddy buddies." I've just always known it as puppy chow. It is basically delectable goodness! And it's really easy to make. Which is good for me, since I bake/cook/prepare food pretty rarely.


Today I thought I would share the recipe, though it's been a while since I've made it. I can't remember where I found the recipe, but it turned out really yummy. Plus, I'm just in the recipe-sharing mood lately, and this is a perfect snack for holiday get-togethers and parties! Enjoy!

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
  • 1/2 tsp. vanilla
  • 9 cups Chex cereal
  • 3 cups powdered sugar
  • Ziplock freezer bag

Directions:

  1. Combine peanut butter, butter, and chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl.
  2. Microwave for 1 minute, then stir to blend all ingredients thoroughly. Add 1/2 tsp vanilla. Stir well.
  3. Place 9 cups of Chex cereal in a very large bowl.
  4. Pour the peanut-butter chocolate mixture over the cereal and toss evenly, making sure all the cereal gets a good covering.
  5. Place the powdered sugar in a large Ziplock bag.
  6. Add the peanut butter-chocolate cereal mixture to the bag, leaving enough room for it to be shaken. (You may have to divide the mixture into smaller batched, coating 1 batch at a time.)
  7. Shake the bag vigorously to evenly coat each piece of puppy show with powdered sugar.
  8. Once the mixture is fully coated, dump into a large serving bowl.
Prep time: About 10-15 minutes
Servings: 1 large bowl (party size)


Linked to: Tatertots & JelloThe Pin JunkieDomestic SuperheroLiz Marie Blog

2 comments:

  1. I bet my kids would really enjoy this. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Happy Holidays to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always loved it when I was a kid! Thanks for stopping by, and Merry Christmas to you! :)

      Delete

Featured on...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...