Navigation bar

  • About Me
  • Renovation
  • Decor
  • Crafty
  • Life

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Nail Polish Storage

A few weeks ago, I went on a little spring cleaning purge and got rid of a bunch of stuff I didn't use or need anymore. My drawers in the bathroom were full of a bunch of old make-up and nail polish, and I ended up throwing out all the old stuff to make more room for the new.

In the process, I ended up with a handful of nail polishes that I actually use, and just kept them scattered in my top drawer without a real efficient storage solution for them. My solution to this? I went to Hobby Lobby this weekend and they had glass apothecary jars and vases on sale. So, behold:

I have seen this done before and decided this would be the best solution (and easiest) to find and grab the one I need. I didn't need a huge one, so I just decided on this little guy, and it's pretty much the perfect fit. It was on sale for $10 at Hobby Lobby (50% off). I also saw cheaper versions of these at Marshall's, but the glass didn't look at durable - this seemed a little thicker.

I had seen this idea on Pinterest before, too:

I think it will work pretty well, plus it looks pretty, so not bad right?

As you can see, I had it on my nightstand. I have since moved it to the top of my dresser for practicality reasons, which is in our bedroom closet. It's more out of the way and not on view anymore, but maybe someday we'll finally redo our closet, and it will look gorgeous in there!


You can also see I've been making use of my hand-painted antique dish I picked up in a little shop in Ohio. It holds my jewelry that I toss in there before I go to bed, or when I get home.


Usually, my ring from Trent goes in here when I get home from work, and all my long dangly earrings and such when I get home from a night out - then when I get time, I move them back to their appropriate place - either in my jewelry box, or hanging on my earring holder in my closet.

I don't know about you, but I love these little touches and homemade storage solutions. I think maybe because they're practical, organized and girly, just like me. :) And I always like for everything to have a place of its own. Just makes life a little easier.


Update: Linked up to House of HepworthsThe Pin JunkieTatertots & Jello, Natasha in Oz, and Suburbs Mama!

5 comments:

  1. This looks lovely! My girls have so much fingernail polish. They have it it little gift bags and boxes. This is a perfect idea for them. This way they can see the polish they're looking for...or at least see all the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a great idea! You have a lovely collection of colours too.

    If you have a minute to spare I'd be thrilled if you could link this post up to my weekly Say G'Day Linky party which has just started. This would be a great addition!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much, girls! @Natasha - I'm headed over to link up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just popped back to say thank you for joining in! I have pinned this great idea and shared it on twitter and facebook.

    Hope you can join in again this weekend!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz
    www.natashainoz.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much for sharing. I'm glad you like it! I will definitely make sure to stop by and link up again!

      Delete

Featured on...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...