Navigation bar

  • About Me
  • Renovation
  • Decor
  • Crafty
  • Life

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Shades of Gray

I keep thinking about the hallway. I want it done. And I can't wait to paint it. I'm tired of staring at drywall and mud! I've been looking at paint colors. I want to paint the hallway a pretty gray color. We have a really light gray that we originally got for the bathroom, but it's very light and there's not a lot of contrast with the white trim. I think we're going to try it out on one wall, and if we think it's too light then get a gray color that's a shade or so darker. Grays and beiges can be hard sometimes, because they pick up different tints in different lighting - some have more of a bluer tint, some have a green tint, etc. 

I feel like I want the hallway to look really bright and maybe have a cooler tone? Here are some grays that I really like at the moment:

1. Benjamin Moore Stonington Gray:
(from here and here)

2. Benjamin Moore Revere Pewter:
(from here and here)

3. Valspar Urban Sunrise:
(both from here)

I'm leaning toward either #1 or #3 - I like the second color, but I think it might be a bit too warm and dark for our tiny hallway space. We'll see if the color we already have works or not first I guess (I can't even remember the name of it).

Now can we just finish the dang hallway already so I can paint?? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured on...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...