Navigation bar

  • About Me
  • Renovation
  • Decor
  • Crafty
  • Life

Monday, August 5, 2013

Flower Garden Inspiration

I'll be back with an update on our landscaping progress in a day or two, but since we're still in the summer season and I like sharing outdoor projects and ideas, I wanted to share some pretty flower gardens we've seen lately for a little eye candy and inspiration.

First, I have some pictures from the Butterworth Center and Deere-Wiman House in Moline, Illinois where Trent used to work security and sometimes fills in for other guards. I met him at work last weekend and we walked around the flower gardens, which were gorgeous.



 I have no idea what these flowers are but they are so pretty all together! SO many of them!



The gardens there are really beautifully landscaped. They used to allow photography sessions here for things like weddings and senior pictures, but they unfortunately stopped allowing them in recent years due to too many rowdy groups and people bringing alcohol and trashing the grounds.




A huge pergola and pathway leads to a cute rose garden with a bench where we sat for a little while.




Some other gorgeous roses we saw earlier this year were at Niabi Zoo in Coal Valley, Illinois where we went for the afternoon. They were by the giraffe exhibit, which is always my all-time favorite.

Aren't they pretty? I love all the different shades of pink.



The rose gardens at the Nicholas Conservatory and Gardens in Rockford, Illinois, where we stopped on our way to Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, were also really pretty, and there were dozens of different varieties everywhere!




There was also a really long pergola/walkway here, and of course a huge pond complete with swans and ducks. But this is a flower garden post :)




And these next two aren't from any gardens, but these wild flowers grow along the roads here every summer, and they're really abundant and pretty.


The blooms are open every morning and close up by the end of the day. So I always see them every morning on my way to work but not when I'm driving home. I keep wanting to pick some, but I've always settled on just taking pictures instead.


Hope you enjoyed the inspiration! Since I've seen so many pretty rose gardens this year, I've been begging Trent to let me get some more rose bushes! (We have one by the front porch) It's still up in the air though... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured on...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...