Navigation bar

  • About Me
  • Renovation
  • Decor
  • Crafty
  • Life

Friday, August 9, 2013

A Little More Key Decor

As if my skeleton key art and vase transformation weren't enough DIY Key-Loving projects for you, I just went and did another one.

Enter this guy that I got for super cheap at Hobby Lobby with a 50% Off coupon:


It's meant for wall decor, which is definitely what I planned on using it for when I bought it. I love keys, so I thought it would be a fun addition in the living room with my frames. The rustic brown color was cool and all, but I wanted some color! 

I knew I wanted to spray paint it and that it would be SUPER easy to do. Two coats and done. But I was torn between bright yellow and turquoise. As much as I think it would be really fun in yellow, we already had turquoise paint leftover from a couple of other projects, and it would match a lot of turquoise accents that are already in the living room. Plus, I asked Trent his opinion, and he is always anti-yellow for some reason. So....turquoise it was!

We hung it on the wall today:

I have to say, I'm a fan of the result. It looks pretty cute up there next to my mediocre artwork. Ha.


Here's a wider shot:
Don't mind the crazy cords going on and the still-unfinished baseboards. We really need to get on that "leveling of the living room" project. Sounds like so much fun, doesn't it?


Hope everyone has a great weekend. As for me, I am working tomorrow...fun life!


Linked to: Tatertots and Jello, The Pin Junkie, Domestic Superhero

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured on...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...