Navigation bar

  • About Me
  • Renovation
  • Decor
  • Crafty
  • Life

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Latest Veggie Harvest

So, I've been feeling like I have gotten hit with the cold bug again the last couple of days. It has been going around work and unfortunately I think I've caught it. Luckily I haven't been feeling too bad so far. Just a little feverish today, but cold medicine has helped. I'm hoping it's not too bad - especially since I'm going to the Cubs game this Saturday! I'm so looking forward to the weekend!

This week hasn't been too eventful so far. Trent has been working then mowing and doing yardwork after work, and I've been working a lot, so we haven't had too much time to make progress on the landscaping project. I'm hoping we'll get it finished soon, though, and I'll have another update to share!

In the meantime, we've had lots of veggies from the garden lately. Trent picked some the other night, including some tomatoes (Pink lady, Roma, and some standard red ones), some Basil, and some bell peppers.


Saleen managed to sneak her way into this picture of our pickings:


We harvested some onions, too....


All in the name of making some fresh, homemade chunky tomato basil soup!


Trent made it by blending together the tomatoes with some milk, basil, onion, garlic salt, peppers, and a little cheese. It was actually really, really good! We're wanting to try some salsa, and maybe can some tomatoes to add to some chili in the fall.

Speaking of fall, even though the weather has been super nice here lately, is anyone else kind of looking forward to bonfires and colorful leaves and pumpkins or am I just crazy?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured on...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...