Navigation bar

  • About Me
  • Renovation
  • Decor
  • Crafty
  • Life

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Mason Jar Update

Why hello again. Where did the time go? It's August, which marks the end of summer coming soon...and then the crispy coolness of fall. I have to say, the changing of seasons is fun at first, but it doesn't take me long to miss my favorite season, summer! Better hold onto it while we still can, right?

Anyway, I have a quick little update I wanted to share, which relates to the mason jar project I did back in June. (See it here) I had spray painted the jars glossy white, and then, using acrylic paint, hand painted the bottom halves of the jars for a "dipped" look.


I loved how they turned out, but Trent noticed that the areas painted in craft paint didn't have that shiny look that the spray painted areas had. Enter this guy:


Trent was convinced that this would finish off my jars nicely, and he already had a can on hand. So I let him spray away! He just sprayed a couple of coats right over top of the jars.

If you're wondering the difference it made, here are the jars before the glossy enamel was applied:

And here are the jars after (some parts might have been a little wet still, but they were a lot shiner!):

Moral of the story is - I definitely recommend giving the clear enamel a try if you've used acrylic paint to transform something and want it to have a more "finished" look. Another plus is that it will help the paint last longer, since it provides that protective coating. Especially important for me, since I'm keeping them in the kitchen right now:


They look pretty cute in there, huh? Glossy perfection achieved! And it was all Trent's idea, remarkably. Thanks babe, I owe you one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured on...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...