Navigation bar

  • About Me
  • Renovation
  • Decor
  • Crafty
  • Life

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Catching Up

It's been a while...again! I know I've been bad about posting this year so I wanted to pop in and share a little update about what we've been up to. I can't believe it's March already! I'm getting excited for my birthday next week! Not much has been going on with the house in the past couple of weeks, besides the back gutter falling off from all the ice and snow that piled up on the roof! And the roof leaking in the back room from the snow melting off. Fun times. We had a short couple of days where it warmed up to the thirties, but now it's back to being cold and it's even supposed to snow another 4+ inches this weekend. I'm hoping this is the last time!! I want SPRING! :)

My grandpa passed away last Friday night, and the visitation and funeral were this past week. It was all kind of a blur - lots of people, family..it was sad but nice that everyone got to come together and celebrate the long life that he lived. 

I was also sick with a cold all last week but am finally feeling back to normal. Last Saturday was the first day that I was really not feeling well, and I got to go out for lunch and dress shopping with my mom and sister for a short time but then had to head home. Sunday I spent literally all day in bed, watching Friends dvds. Still watching all the episodes from first to last...I'm on Season 6 now. It looked a little like this:


I had to take a picture of one of my favorite Friends scenes....PIVOT! (You can watch it here by the way.) That picture also reminds me that we have to caulk and paint the cord-hider for the tv. Ha. It will look much nicer and blend in when it's painted the wall color...

Anyway, I'm feeling much better now. Trent and I both got new drivers licenses and I didn't even have to take a test! I was so afraid I was going to have to. Last night we went to another Mallards hockey game with some friends. They lost this one, but the end was pretty exciting! Tonight we are planning on going out with Mom & Dad and Haley & Dan to celebrate my birthday a little early, so I'm hoping it isn't snowing too bad so we can still go! Fingers crossed!

I'm going to start working on some projects and doing a little shopping soon I hope, to get some more stuff done with the house and get some blog posts going! It's getting too stagnant around here. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured on...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...