Navigation bar

  • About Me
  • Renovation
  • Decor
  • Crafty
  • Life

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Watercolor Fun with Waterlogue

Have you heard of the Waterlogue app? I've been seeing things about it everywhere lately, and I finally got the app last week. It is so cool! I'm kind of obsessed.

If you haven't heard of it, Waterlogue is an app that takes your photos and transforms them into a watercolor painting right before your eyes. It was $2.99, but I thought it would be worth it in the long run, since you can transform your photos with the app, and then get them printed and hang them for some awesome art.

I've been playing around with it a lot and have been pretty impressed. This photo of Trent and Saleen is one of my favorites so far:

I think these turned out pretty cool too:



I know I can never paint a watercolor painting like this, so the fact that you can now "fake" one so easily is pretty darn cool. And I love how they even kind of have the texture of the canvas.

I've found that photos of people tend to look a little weird, but scenic and outdoor photos turn out really nicely transformed into watercolor. Here are some of my favorites from our East Coast vacation:





How cool would these be printed? I'm definitely going to have to get prints of some of these and hang them up in the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured on...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...