Navigation bar

  • About Me
  • Renovation
  • Decor
  • Crafty
  • Life

Monday, March 17, 2014

St. Patrick's Day 2014, and Some Randoms

Happy St. Patty's Day, and Top O' the Morning to ya! As you may know, every year Trent and I celebrate St. Patrick's Day downtown Davenport and Saturday we did just that. Here's last year's, a recap of years past, and a fun little eCard St. Patty's Day dump if you're interested. We usually watch the parade, but this year we were a little late, so we just decided to eat a St. Patty's Day lunch downtown and have a couple of drinks. 

We ate at Me & Billy, a fairly new restaurant downtown. We had eaten there last year, and thought it was ok, so we decided to try it again, since they had a special St. Patrick's Day menu. I got the pretzel bread with Guinness cheese dip. It was ok, but I didn't think it was as good as the beer cheese dip from Applebee's!


Trent got Corn Beef and Cabbage, and he wasn't impressed...We also both got Bloody Mary's and I thought it was ok, but really different. Trent didn't like it at all and ended up getting a beer instead. So needless to say, this was probably the last time we'll be going here!


Despite our less than average meal at Me & Billy's, we headed over to Brady Street Pub, our usual hangout, and, like the rest of downtown, it was a bit busier than usual due to the St. Patrick's Day festivities. It was just the two of us, but it was fun to take a break for a while and just hang out.


I'd say compared to years past, this year's St. Patty's Day was much more low-key. I kind of wished we had made it on time to see the parade, but then I wasn't too sad to miss all of the crowds and braving the cold weather for an hour.

Other than the holiday fun, this weekend has been pretty laid back, full of watching movies, including the latest Rachel McAdams movie, About Time, which I had been wanting to see for a while.


We ended up renting it, and I LOVED it! Trent really liked it too. I highly recommend it!

In other random news, I recently captured this photo of Saleen cheesing for the camera and thought it was too cute not to share:


She was in a very happy mood that day. As soon as she sees Trent getting ready and putting on his shoes, she thinks she's getting to go for a walk and starts going crazy with excitement. Then he has to grab the leash and walk her around the house for a couple of minutes. Ha. Her hair has grown back pretty much all the way, and her allergies have been a lot better since summer. She's back to her happy furball self, so we're hoping she stays this way for a while!

Finally, I'll end this post with the cutest note ever, which I came home from work to Friday night:


I love his notes. They always put me in a good mood. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured on...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...