Navigation bar

  • About Me
  • Renovation
  • Decor
  • Crafty
  • Life

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Wedding Cakes, Oh My!

Happy Super Bowl Sunday! We'll be watching, though I don't care too much who wins. Only in it for the commercials, really! Anyway though, let's get to what this post is actually about - A few locally made wedding cakes that I thought were pretty awesome. Last weekend, I went with my mom and my sister Haley to the Davenport Jaycees Bridal Expo. Haley is getting married this summer, so we thought we would go and get some more ideas and things planned for the wedding. I recommend going - there were so many different vendors from the area there, and we got to sample so many cakes, cupcakes, and other yummy food! We even booked an awesome trolley for the big day. I know I'm kind of late blogging about it, but I had to share the few photos I snapped of some awesome wedding cakes.

The cakes were probably my favorite part of the expo. I loved seeing all the cakes, and sampling them! Haley is thinking about getting her cake from Old Towne Bakery, a local bake shop whose cake I thought tasted the best out of all the samples we tried!

I just took a couple of photos there. The first two are from the Hy-vee Bakery booth. I thought this cupcake tree was really cute!


And this ombre ruffle cake might have been my favorite. I'm not crazy about the butterflies, but this is one of my favorite styles of cakes. I just love the ruffly ones.


The one other booth I took photos of, I thought was one of the cutest booths there. They're called My Girl's Cake Shop. I had never heard of them before, but seeing their booth definitely made me interested! Look at that cake with the big bow - isn't it adorable?


And I know it's hard to see in the photo below, but I also loved that purple ruffle cake on the end. She had tons of samples, and I tried some of the peanut butter cake, which was really good!


So those are a few of my favorites from the Bridal Expo last weekend. You can see more pretty cakes here on my Pinterest. I love pretty cakes! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured on...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...