Navigation bar

  • About Me
  • Renovation
  • Decor
  • Crafty
  • Life

Sunday, August 9, 2015

The Final Countdown

It is the final countdown! We are less than a week away now until the wedding. The to-do list is getting a tad shorter as we get things accomplished.

We spent all day yesterday working on things for the wedding. Trent spent the afternoon outside getting the ceremony backdrop and doors built. We are pretty close to being finished, just need to clean them and paint them! Here are a few progress pics:


The ceremony backdrop is all built. Now we just need to clean and paint it! I love the rustic look it already has, but the fact that it's 3 different colors isn't really going to work. So I'm going to find a white or off-white color and try to paint it while keeping a distressed look. We'll see how it goes!

Then we have the entry doors for the ceremony. Trent built a frame for them, and it is huge. The hardest part about building these is that they are super large and awkward to move. And they're all really heavy.


This is where we're currently at with the door frame. We're leaving the doors off for now I think, since it will be easier to move this way. But we will still get the hinges and everything ready to install at the location. 

This one is a little hard to see, since it was getting dark, but here are both of the doors as they'll be at the ceremony. We'll all walk through this doorway before going down the aisle.


We're painting these doors and the frame this week, too. Good thing almost everything else is checked off the list, because it will probably take a couple of days to get everything painted!

Trent also got the two vintage chandeliers all wired and working perfectly! We got these a year ago at a local flea market for a really good deal. One of the first things that we actually bought for the wedding. The plan is to hang them from the trees at the ceremony and reception site. I hope it works out. I can't wait to see them lit up at night.


Something else exciting - I got my ring back on Friday, after it was soldered onto my wedding band, and even got it resized slightly so it's a little more snug - all for free! It looks so pretty and sparkly. I LOVE it! Almost twice the diamonds. :)


I also DIY'ed a quick "Just Married" sign to hang on the back of the car. I found some writing I liked from a sign on Pinterest, and just looked at that and freehanded all of the letters with chalk on a black poster board. Luckily, it turned out pretty cute!


After I took this picture, I also poked some holes at each corner to hang it with some twine. I think I may make another, smaller sign for the boat that we're taking a short ride in, too. Maybe a wooden sign? If I have time this week, that is. :)

And another thing I have to finish up this week - Programs. I got them all printed and have started gluing lace to the top of each. But I ran out of lace! So, off to pick up some more today to finish those up. My original idea was a bow tied with ribbon, but when I saw this lace trim at Hobby Lobby, I decided to go with the lace instead. I loved the look of it so much more. It is so "vintage elegance," don't you think?


Mr. Turtle loves it too, see? Hoping to get all loose ends tied up this week before the Big day. Wish me luck! (And pray for good weather!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured on...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...