Navigation bar

  • About Me
  • Renovation
  • Decor
  • Crafty
  • Life

Thursday, May 9, 2013

New Living Room Rug (Woot!)

Guys...I got an amazing deal on a rug. Don't all scream at once. Ha. Here's the thing. Our living room "rug" that was actually a carpet material that we got for cheap at a home improvement store was looking a little worse for wear. It was super hard to keep clean and just looked dirty and ugly all the time! Thus, I'd been scouring Pinterest, Joss and Main, Rugs USA, etc., etc for what seemed like years trying to find a good deal on a rug I really liked...then finally! I saw a pin on Pinterest that pointed me to This Guy:


Yes, if you can't see it, it says 50% Off! And when I added it to my cart, the savings was awesome, with free shipping:


It was a 100% wool rug with a pretty Moroccan Trellis design in a pretty gray color, originally $338.80 - now $168.80! SO...I bit the bullet and bought it. I had never bought a rug online, and haven't had any experience with Rugs USA before, but this deal was too good to pass up.

When the rug arrived yesterday I was really pleased at how it looked in person! Really good quality, and it ended up looking so much better, thank God! I was a little worried that it would be "too much," especially since we don't really have any gray in there, but luckily I love the result!

Here's the Before with the old rug:
See how it looks a little boring and dingy looking?

Here's the After with the new rug:
I. LOVE. IT. Seriously.

It's so pretty! :) 

You can see the texture in the close up picture below:
 
It's pretty tightly woven and I think it will be really durable and last a long time! Plus it probably won't look as dirty all the time because of the darker color. I might need to invest in a rug pad to go underneath though, just to prevent any slippage and make it a little more comfy on the feet!

Overall..I'm pretty much in love! I'll leave you with another Before and After...
 

1 comment:

Featured on...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...