Navigation bar

  • About Me
  • Renovation
  • Decor
  • Crafty
  • Life

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Reception Centerpieces

Oh, planning a wedding. So fun. Both flower and catering meetings last week got me a little overwhelmed, so I spent the majority of the weekend working on my reception decor. The fun stuff! It was great. It took my mind of of the stressful things.

I was able to finish up my tassel garlands, and I got more planning done for my reception centerpieces. We're growing a lot of our own flowers for the centerpieces, but we'll still need more to fill all of my vases.

The centerpieces will be all assorted milk glass vases, in groups of 3, with mis-match China plates in the center. I made a few arrangements to get an idea of how many flowers I'm going to need.


I cut some flowers from the garden, and used some other little flowers around the yard, like my Dusty Miller, Alyssum, and Black eyed Susans to fill in space. I also used some of my faux hydrangea blooms, since I'll be getting some of those from the florist, too. I didn't have quite enough hydrangeas to fill all of my vases, but it looks like I'll probably be getting lots of them!


I love the bright and colorful, vintage garden look. I have so many varieties of Zinnias out there in the garden, and they are so colorful.


The dahlias might be my favorite, though. I love these flowers! They're so pretty.


It looks like I'm going to need quite a few extra flowers to fill in my vases, but I can't wait to see them all on the table. There will definitely be an abundance of color.


I found that it was pretty easy to arrange them, and the medium-to-large vases probably need about 6-10 flowers, while the smaller bud vases only need 1-2. Now, the hard part is actually figuring out which flowers I need to order and how many of each!



My living room has definitely been taken over by wedding decor. Trent loves it. Ha.


I actually counted all of my white milk glass vases (which are all gathered upstairs), and I have 68. The problem is I think I might need a couple more of the larger ones, since I have too many of the tall bud vases and not enough large ones! I don't think I have a problem in the plate area though...


I have plenty of those! I wish wedding planning was all decor related. It would be pretty fun if that were the case. :)

Exactly ONE MONTH to go! Lord help me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured on...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...