Navigation bar

  • About Me
  • Renovation
  • Decor
  • Crafty
  • Life

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

DIY Burlap Wreath

Today I have a fun little craft to share. I've been wanting to make one of these for a while, so over the weekend I finally did it. I made my very own burlap wreath. It's perfect for fall, and was so easy to make. Here's the finished product:


Here are my supplies I used to make it:

  • 18-inch wire wreath frame
  • 4 rolls of burlap (each roll was 15 inches long)
  • Some wire
  • Scissors
  • Some embellishments - faux flowers, letter "K".
  • Glue gun (not pictured)
Note that I ended up needing 4 rolls of burlap instead of just the 2 pictured. I also used a glue gun to glue on the "K." 


I was surprised at how fast and easy it was to make the wreath, despite running out of burlap half way through and having to get two more rolls!

You just pull the burlap through each section of your wreath frame, one at a time so that you form "loops" or "bubbles" with the burlap. You can make them as big or as full as you want. Once you're done with one row of 3 loops, you move down to the next one.


Here's how far I got on two 15" burlap rolls. It took me about a half-hour to complete this much of the wreath. I ended up attaching the flowers to the already-finished section with some wire.

Once I was able to go back to the store and get a couple more rolls of burlap, I just started again where I left off, then glued on the "K" with a glue gun. Then I attached a wire loop to the back of the wreath to hang it.
  

And my fall wreath is now complete! I added a couple little faux hydrangea blooms I already had, too, for a little color.  I just wish we had a pretty door to hang it on. Our door has seen a few years, that's for sure...maybe we'll get a new door someday. :)


I'll be sharing my fall porch on the blog tomorrow...stay tuned!

Linked up at: Tip Me Tuesday, Tweak It TuesdayThe DIY Dreamer, Wow Me Wednesday, Grace at Home, The Winthrop Chronicles, The Pin Junkie, Home Matters Link Party, Tatertots & Jello, Weekend Retreat Party, Blooming Homestead, Natasha in Oz

1 comment:

  1. I love how your wreath turner out. I always wondered how to make these and thank you for sharing. It is great to be visiting via #HomeMattersParty.

    Enzie

    ReplyDelete

Featured on...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...