Navigation bar

  • About Me
  • Renovation
  • Decor
  • Crafty
  • Life

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Back from La Crosse

Hello all, I'm back again. Who else watched the entire first season of Fuller House on Netflix this weekend? I sure did. I loved it! :) Last night I got home from a three-day work conference in La Crosse, Wisconsin. This is the second year in a row I've gone to this one, and my second time in La Crosse. Remember last year? The conference went well, and we had amazing weather this year! It got up to 60 degrees on Saturday. (I'm definitely starting to see the first signs of spring!) We didn't really have time to spend outside, but it was nice for driving.

La Crosse is a river city just up the Mississippi about 4 hours from here, so it's really not too bad of a drive. This year we took the scenic route up, along the river almost the whole way. With the nice weather, half of the ice was melted on the river, and the sun was shining on it. It looked really pretty and made for a really scenic trip. We even saw a couple of bald eagles, and some people were out fishing on their boats.

We stayed at the Radisson downtown and had a view of some of the buildings in La Crosse. (The river was on the other side). The downtown looks pretty cool, though we again didn't really have much of a chance to explore. Right across the street from our rooms was a place called Turtle Stack Brewery, which sounds like a place Trent might like.


And next to this historic-looking building was a sign that said "Sushi Pirate." Sounds interesting, I guess?


The rooms were really nice. Most of the time we ate at the hotel restaurant, but we did eat at The Freighthouse again this year. It's a pretty cool place. It has kind of an old school atmosphere, with a bar on one side and live music. It is not the most vegetarian friendly place, but it does have a small salad bar and a few vegetables on the menu. And no, I didn't get the artichoke this time, though that was very interesting. I went for the asparagus this time. ;)


It was a short trip, but I'm glad to be back home, relaxing, having a lazy day and watching movies with Trent today. The best part of this weekend's trip might have been the pretty scenery. I wish I would have gotten a picture, but I'm sure I'll make a trip back up there again. Who knew Wisconsin could be so pretty? AND it's super hilly up there, too. Lots of rocks and valleys. I bet it would be even prettier in the fall, with all of the trees on those hills.

I always like to travel no matter how close or how far it may be, so I'm excited for the little trips (and the bigger trip to Colorado) that Trent and I will be taking this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured on...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...