Navigation bar

  • About Me
  • Renovation
  • Decor
  • Crafty
  • Life

Sunday, March 6, 2016

Another Year Older

Today is my birthday, I'm 28 today. And I'm spending the day at home with Trent watching movies. Well, Trent is putting my new cover on for my car storage tent right now. The old one finally bit the dust and blew apart in the wind a couple of weeks ago. I told him that could be one of my birthday presents, to get the new cover put on. :) He also got me a new hair straightener, since my old straightener also bit the dust this past week!  I guess it happened at the right time!

We did get to spend some of the weekend having fun. Friday night we went out to eat with my parents to an Italian restaurant called Antonella's. It had been a long time since Trent and I had eaten there, but I had been craving Italian food and thought it would be fun to go back there. The food was delicious. We all actually finished our entrees, and we all got dessert and finished those, too! There must be something in their food. :) I also had a cannoli for the first time, and it was pretty tasty.

Last night, Trent and I went out with our friends Justin and Elizabeth to a pizza place called Falbo's. They're open late and right downtown Davenport, and the veggie pizza was amazing. They also have a full bar which is pretty cool.


After Falbo's we headed to a new bar called Endless Brews, right down the street. They just opened, and Trent had been wanting to check it out.


They have 20 different beers on tap, and along with ordering from the bar, they also stock cases of beer that you can buy. The back of the bar is the retail side, and the front is the bar side. For being a bar, it's kind of bright in there and the decor is really sparse. It smells completely new too. I swear you can still smell the drywall and fresh paint! It was definitely a different kind of atmosphere.


We each tried a different brew. Justin and Elizabeth ended up heading out, but Trent and I stayed a little longer and finished our beers. I had the Rogue Hazelnut Brown Ale, and Trent had the Sierra Nevada Chocolate Chili Stout. I actually thought mine was pretty good. Trent's was a little too dark for me, but he liked it. 


We each only had one, but if I were to try another one, I would probably try the "Death by Coconut" beer. That sounds like it might be pretty good.

It was fun trying a couple of new places out that we might go back to again in the future. The local news also crew stopped by Endless Brews, I guess after they got off work, to have a few beers. They sat right next to us, so that was kind of entertaining. I said to Trent, "Isn't she that girl from the news?" Haha. It must be the new local news hangout.


All in all, it's been a good birthday weekend! I think 28 will be a great year. We have lots of fun things planned! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured on...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...