Navigation bar

  • About Me
  • Renovation
  • Decor
  • Crafty
  • Life

Thursday, March 31, 2016

Easter Weekend 2016

Hello all! A little late, but time for a little recap of our Easter weekend. Friday I had the day off work, and that night we went out to eat at The River House in Moline with our friends, Leo and Kayla. The River House is one of my favorite restaurants - they have so much great food! I can never resist the Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwich, though! It's seriously amazing.

After the restaurant we all went to the Mallards hockey game and watched them beat the Evanston Icemen in a really good game. It was a lot of fun.



Saturday night we went to town to get some groceries and things for Easter on Sunday. I got some veggies and snacks and put together a relish tray to take to Trent's family.


I got a 3-in-1 carrier from Wal-Mart that worked really well for the veggies. This was actually the first time I had ever put together a veggie tray, and I have to say it was quite easy! I might do this more often for family get-togethers. No cooking or baking required!

The relish tray was a hit at Trent's family on Easter Sunday, and I had a bunch of veggies leftover that were still in the fridge, so I took it again to the potluck we had at work the next day. I think I got too many veggies, though. I'm STILL snacking on sweet pickles and leftover carrots and celery. :)


Easter at Trent's aunt and uncle's was fun. We didn't go to my family's for Easter this year, since they went up to visit Haley and Dan in Chicago, so we thought we'd just stay here and spend time with Trent's family for a change. We got to watch the kids look for Easter eggs hidden around the house (since it was a little too rainy this year to do it outside). Then the adults had an "adult" Easter egg hunt, and the goodies were all hidden around the house by the kiddos. :) A lot of them were actually quite hard to find!

We had a good time and ate lots of food! Mashed potatoes, corn, deviled eggs, chocolate and banana cream pie, and of course a meat dish for the folks who are not vegetarians! It was a good time all around.

Oh, and I forgot - Sunday night we watched a not-so-appropriate for Easter movie - Steven King's The Shining! It was our first time watching it. Needless to say, we were just a tad scared to turn every corner and needed every light on in the house that night!

On that note, hope everyone had a Happy Easter! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured on...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...