Navigation bar

  • About Me
  • Renovation
  • Decor
  • Crafty
  • Life

Monday, June 26, 2017

Weekend Fun in Iowa City and Davenport

Hello all and happy Monday! Popping in again today, this time sharing a few fun places we've gone in the last couple of weeks.

Father's Day was last weekend, and we spent the day in Iowa City with my family. We went to a pizza place we had never been to before, called Wig and Pen.

My mom and I split a small Chicago-style cheese pizza, and it was really good! Close to Giordano's good. I definitely recommend it!


The atmosphere is pretty cool inside, but even the outside is cool looking. It's kind of like a British pub, complete with a bright red phone booth outside.


We then headed to a pretty popular place in the Iowa City area, Scratch Cupcakery in Coralville. So many pretty and yummy cupcakes!


Trent and I got a box of 4 to go. They were all delicious, but VERY filling. You've been warned! 

Of course when in Coralville, we stopped at the mall for a little shopping. We didn't have enough time to do some really serious shopping though, so Trent and I went up to Davenport this past Saturday and did a little more shopping before our Michigan vacation next week!

We got way too much stuff, but hey, we needed new clothes and shoes for our vacation and a couple of other trips we'll be going on this year!

I totally took a selfie in my new sunnies, too. I didn't get them on Saturday (I actually got them online from lulu's), but it was my first time wearing them. I think I'm in love, and there will probably be more of these on our upcoming Michigan vaca.


Saturday night we ate at Rudy's in the East Village in Davenport. It's been remodeled in the last year or so, and it's so much nicer now. You can even go up to the rooftop and eat, but it was closed for a private party when we went.

But Margaritas and Mexican food... Yes please!


We also had a celebrity sighting while walking out from Rudy's in the Village. The band Rooney was in town for a show there, and we totally saw them walk across the street and right in front of our car. They looked a little out of place so we knew they were someone famous. Like hipsters visiting Iowa for the first time. Haha. One of them was taking video of the East Village from his phone! Anyway, that was pretty exciting. 

Yes, our past couple of weekends have been fun, but I'm looking forward to spending the week of the Fourth in Michigan by the lake! Hoping for nice weather. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured on...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...