Navigation bar

  • About Me
  • Renovation
  • Decor
  • Crafty
  • Life

Friday, November 14, 2014

Chairish Style Challenge

Hello all, and happy Friday! Last week, Holly, from an awesome online used and vintage shop called Chairish, contacted me about participating in their Style Challenge. I happily accepted the challenge! I'm always up for designing a room, whether it's in real life or virtually! Especially when it involves such amazing vintage pieces like those on Chairish. You can check out their vintage furniture for yourself here.

I had never heard of this site before, but it is such a cool and refreshing concept. They sell used and vintage pieces to design lovers everywhere. And they have an awesome selection. 

So...on to the Style Challenge! I was given multiple images of pieces from their store and was to choose one of my favorites to create a style board around. Here is my style board:


The piece I chose to build my inspiration from is the vintage dresser in the center. I chose this because it's such a timeless and versatile piece I could see myself using in my own home. When I saw this, I instantly thought of a bedroom that's classic but stylish.

Every element I used in my style board is from Chairish, unless otherwise stated below.

And now, the sources for all of these wonderful pieces, and why I chose each to use for this space:
  • Dresser - This dresser was the main piece of furniture that inspired my style board. With its clean lines and beautiful wood tone, it's truly a classic, heirloom piece.
  • Wallpaper - This beautiful wallpaper would be perfect for an accent wall. 
  • Pair of Lamps - These lamps are timeless and in the perfect blue jewel tone, which creates a really rich look.
  • Brass Elephant - I always need a bit of animal decor cheekiness in a room. Antique brass animal decor is my favorite!
  • Starburst Mirror - Everyone loves a good starburst mirror. Not only is this one stylish, but it would bring a little touch of gold and glamour to the room.
  • "Hung Up on You" Wall Art/ Hooks - I love this cheeky piece made from reclaimed wood. The hooks would be perfect to hang scarves and purses.
  • Nightstand - This nightstand is actually part of a like-new pair, originally from West Elm, but re-sold on Chairish!  It's super simple and clean and is a perfect way to mix a little modern with vintage.
  • Navy Pillows - These velvet throw pillows are a great way to incorporate a little color and texture into the room. 
  • Printed Pillow - I love to work in printed accent pillows wherever I can in my home. This would add a touch of style and punch with the navy pillows behind it. 
  • Headboard - A lovely, plush headboard with nailhead trim provides just a little touch of elegance to this bedroom.
  • Bedspread - I love the soft, pretty texture and color of this bedspread, from West Elm.
  • White Vase - I couldn't resist a simple vase with some pink peonies for a pop of girly color. (Vase from Chairish, Peonies found on Pinterest)
  • Wall Color - A nice, neutral wall color will make all of the other elements in the room really pop. This color is Manchester Tan from Benjamin Moore. (Image from here)

That's all, folks! Hope you enjoyed my style board! I know I had fun making it. :)

Linked to: Link Party Palooza, The Pin Junkie, Say G'Day Party, Weekend Re-Treat Party, Liz Marie Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured on...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...