Navigation bar

  • About Me
  • Renovation
  • Decor
  • Crafty
  • Life

Saturday, November 15, 2014

Wedding Flower Planning

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend. Is it snowing where you are? We're supposed to get some this weekend, and well, I'm not looking forward to it! We've only gotten maybe one dusting so far, and I still have my fall decor out! I'm not ready for winter yet!

But it's time to move on. Time to talk about flowers! So this past week, we had our first meeting with the florist. I think I kind of overwhelmed him with all my ideas.... Remember when I shared my wedding flower inspiration? Well a lot of those pictures are what I showed him - those and more. My flower style might be a little all over the place, but I know the basic idea of what I want. Big blooms, colorful, organic, and a little vintage-y. But still elegant of course. :)

I was a little disappointed that a lot of my favorite flowers are more of the spring variety and won't be easy to get in August. Like peonies, for example. But I still have lots of flowers to choose from - Hydrangeas, David Austin Juliet roses, Dahlias....

Here are some of the flowers that are going to be incorporated at the wedding:


1) Dusty Miller - The grayish leaves you see in the bouquets above are dusty miller. This will be used as an accent in the bouquets! Sources: 1 | 2 


2) Dahlias - I didn't even originally think of dahlias for the wedding, but since they are so large, they can really pack a punch and make a statement. The photos above include hot pink dahlias, and the below photos show a lighter pink. Sources: Above  - 1 | 2 | Below - 3 | 4


3) Green Hydrangeas - Hydrangeas are one of my favorite flowers. Mixed with the pink and peach flowers of our wedding, I think the light green ones will look amazing. Sources: 1 | 2 


4) David Austin Juliet Roses - These were the closest thing to peonies I could get in August. But I've really grown to love these. They have a really romantic, vintage feel. And the color (peach) is perfect for the wedding! Sources: 1 | 2 

 

5) Peach Spray Roses - As an accent, we'll have some smaller peach "spray roses," as the florist called them. Not as unique as the Juliet roses, but they open up fairly big. (Source)


6) Stock - I may have a little stock as an accent in my bouquet. I had no idea what stock was, but apparently it looks like the photo below (Source)


7) Succulents - I love succulent accents in bouquets, like in the photos below. Sources: 1 | 2


I'm really loving how the flowers are coming together. It may be one of my favorite parts of the planning process so far! The most interesting thing I learned that I never had really thought about - We can grow some of our flowers for the reception. Totally doing that. And it got me really excited. Trent and I have been wanting to plant our own flower garden with seeds and bulbs...we've never done that before. So now we have a new project for the spring!

Here are some of the flowers that the florist suggested we grow:



From top to bottom: 1) Cosmos 2) Zinnias 3) Green poms 4) Amaranthus

I'm sure we'll find more, too. Yep, Trent and I are about to become flower gardeners this spring! Hoping we have lots of blooms to choose from. I'm excited to put together all of my centerpieces right before the wedding. It will be a lot of work, but I'm sure it will be totally worth it...right? Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured on...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...