Navigation bar

  • About Me
  • Renovation
  • Decor
  • Crafty
  • Life

Monday, February 9, 2015

Day Out and Antiquing in Galesburg

Hope everyone is enjoying their week! I had a pretty nice weekend. Saturday we had a few errands to run. We went to the bank in the morning, then headed to town for lunch and a little shopping. Cherry Street Restaurant and Bar is one of our favorite places to eat in Galesburg. I dream about the veggie pizza with alfredo sauce! Plus the walls and ceiling are pretty eclectic. Old fashioned tin tiles on the ceiling with playing cards everywhere, and exposed brick walls. And the occasional Moose head here and there.


It was nice to get out and eat a yummy lunch. We totally almost devoured the entire pizza.


After lunch, we did a little of one of my favorite activities...antiquing! First we checked out the fairly new vintage shop downtown called Dig. I'll admit, there's not too many "hip" places in Galesburg these days, but this shop is one that I'd been wanting to go to and it was pretty cool! They had lots of unique vintage items. It was a pretty small store though, and I didn't snap any photos while we were there. Nor did I take anything home with me. But, it was fun to look!

We then stopped by an old favorite...the Antique Mall. This place is huge. If you can't find anything here, you're not looking hard enough!


I always find a couple things when I come here. There's multiple rooms and floors full of every item you can think of. So fun to look around. I did take home two small items I'll be using at the wedding:


A pretty little serving plate and a mini white milk glass bud vase to join the extensive wedding collection. I had to, it was 2 bucks. I think the plate was $4. Adding these to my wedding centerpieces!


See how pretty?! It's pearlescent! :) So those were my finds of the day. It was a fun little day antiquing...and then we ended it with grocery shopping and a couple of movies at home. The Liam Neeson movie, A Walk Among the Tombstones, and The Theory of Everything. Two great movies!

The rest of the weekend was spent doing my taxes (yuck..but it's done!), and posting things for sale online! Yep, I started putting my clothes up for sale on Ebay and Threadflip! I had never sold anything on Ebay before, and last week I started putting some old clothes up there, and I've sold two items so far. Slowly but surely, I'm starting to sell and learning the whole process! It's pretty fun. I hope to blog about it once I get a little more experienced selling things online. Cleaning out my closet has been a long time coming, and with spring right around the corner I've been starting to do that.

We're thinking about having another yard sale early this summer - maybe in May when it gets nice out. And before we're scrambling to get things done right before the wedding! I've added a link on the sidebar to my Threadflip closet if you want to check it out. Basically cleaning out my closet majorly, and this is just the start. C'mon, shop my closet. You know you want to!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured on...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...