Navigation bar

  • About Me
  • Renovation
  • Decor
  • Crafty
  • Life

Monday, February 23, 2015

Spring Touches

Is there a cure for the winter blues? I'm about to go crazy being stuck inside for days on end. I guess since it's not spring yet outside, all we can do is bring it inside, right? And what better way to do that than with bright colors and lots of florals?


Some people are completely anti-silk flowers. But I have tons of silk flower arrangements around the house, and I'm all for a good one! Something nice and bright that brings in a pop of color is the perfect touch to a room, and best of all, you can leave it out year long! It never wilts or dies.


I keep my silk flower arrangements out all year, even in the winter. It's a nice reminder that spring is just around the corner. :)

I picked up these silk flowers from Wal-Mart this winter and put this arrangement together for super cheap. Just a few large pink blooms was all I needed, mixed in with a little faux baby's breath here and there. Complete with a simple glass vase, and there you go! It brightens up the kitchen and adds a nice little pop of color. 


Bright frames have also been a weakness of mine over the last year or so. This yellow frame in my mini gallery arrangement was also from Wal-Mart last year. I still love the nice pop of color it brings to our neutral walls!


I don't think I'll be able to take that yellow frame down for a while. You know I love to switch these frames up quite a bit, but I'm really loving our current arrangement with our engagement photos added.


I'm also still in love with my white pitcher and faux lime green hydrangeas. I got these flowers quite a while back, and they've been a staple in our living room ever since. They're a little pop of color, but at the same time they just go with everything and every style. Traditional or contemporary - these flowers are super versatile.


I really cannot wait to see some real hydrangeas outside! And pink blossoming buds on trees lining the streets! I'm getting Spring fever, I tell ya.


What are some touches in your home that make you think Spring?! Are you pro faux flower like me? I am definitely planning on incorporating some real ones inside, too this year. We're starting a flower garden in the yard and are growing our own flowers for the wedding. It will be an experience! Hoping it all works out. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured on...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...