Navigation bar

  • About Me
  • Renovation
  • Decor
  • Crafty
  • Life

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Flower Seedlings are Sprouting

It may have taken a little while (and a lot of work), but I finally got our flower garden planted a couple of weeks ago. We've gotten a little rain since then, and some of the seedlings are sprouting, which is pretty cool! I planted all of the flowers from either bulbs or seeds, so it's cool to see them all sprouting up and growing. 

We're planning to use these flowers for centerpieces at our wedding reception in August, so I'm trying to encourage these babies to GROW! Grow big and multiply! :)

Here are a few pics I snapped when I went out there today after work.


This is one of the Lavender Dahlias sprouting up from a bulb. I didn't think these would be growing so fast - I've heard dahlias take a while to bloom. Either way, pretty cool!


And these are some of the Zinnias. I planted a few different varieties..not sure which exact ones these are, but I guess we'll find out when they start blooming and we see what color they come out to be. :)


It's definitely exciting to see our wedding flowers growing from seeds. The problem is with some of them, where there are multiple seeds in one spot, it's a little hard to tell the seedlings from the weeds! See for yourself:


For first-time flower gardeners like us, we have no idea what some of the seedlings will look like until we see them get larger or bloom! So until they get a little bigger, we're kind of clueless when it comes to weeding out the bad guys so the good guys can grow. I guess we'll hope for the best for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured on...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...