Navigation bar

  • About Me
  • Renovation
  • Decor
  • Crafty
  • Life

Sunday, May 3, 2015

More Wedding Details

More and more details for the wedding are coming together, slowly but surely. We're less than four months away until the wedding now (104 days to be exact), and the final details and smaller stuff are being checked off the list! It feels pretty good, and everything I can check off as "done" means brings us one step closer to the big day.

I ordered some bubbles for the guests to blow at us at the end of the ceremony, along with ribbon in our colors, which I tied around each one.


I had 68 left over from Haley's wedding, and since they had purple ribbons around them, I just snipped those off and tied the new ones on. I ordered 2 more cases of 24 bubbles, for a total of 116.

I got this distressed box from Gordman's last year and thought it would work well to hold them.


And voila! All ready to go..we'll probably sit them on the table with the programs, and the guests will blow them at us when we're walking back down the aisle as husband and wife. Since the wedding is outside and not in a church, we can't really make a grand exit out the doors...and we may be riding around in a boat if it works out and if we can come up with a dock of some sort. We'll see how it goes! More details to figure out...


I also finished up my CARDS banner that I started last year. I had made the pennants and cut the string for it, but the pieces still needed to be glued on to be completely secure.


So I glued them onto the string, then hammered some tacks into the corners of my card box to adhere it to the box. I also attached some craft flowers to the corner.


I've been using this box to store wedding supplies in, but on the day of the wedding it will hold cards from our guests. I think I'm going to try to find an old lace tablecloth or something to put inside and dress it up a little more. I really like how it came out, though!


Another recent project were these hanging mason jars for the ceremony, to flank the aisle. 


We'll have one on each side, hanging on sheperd's hooks. These were super simple to make, I just picked up a couple of mason jars on sale at Michael's, and wrapped my jute string around the tops, then secured each end with a knot and some hot glue. I measured off 25 inches for each handle and just glued the end to the jar.

Here's one of them with a couple of my faux flowers just to get an idea of what it might look like. The flowers are a little big for the jar I think, but we'll cut the real flowers we use to size, and make sure it looks nice and full!


Speaking of flowers, here's the flower I'll be wearing in my hair:


I ordered it online from the Silver Pencils shop on Etsy. They're all made by hand, and I loved the look of this one. It looks super simple and delicate. I can't wait to see what everything will look like together on the big day!

I designed our invitations and RSVP cards and got them printed on Vistaprint. They came on Friday! I really like how everything turned out. Yesterday we stopped by the post office and got all of the stamps for them, so all that's needed now is to just address them and send them out. And then we wait for the RSVP's to come in...it's getting real!


While we were at the post office, we also applied for our Passports for our honeymoon in Jamaica. We got to keep an extra copy of our headshots! Model material, right??


Another thing checked off the list. Neither of us have had a passport before, so we're pretty excited to finally get one and start traveling. Next up, Canada! Who's with me?

We went suit shopping in Peoria yesterday, and I'll be sharing all about it soon...let's just say, the Groom's suit is finally PURCHASED!! Thank God that's over. :)

1 comment:

  1. All these planning details you have shared here from your wedding are wonderful and one must use them for making their wedding more perfect. I also have hired San Francisco venues for my rustic wedding and would love to use ideas for that.

    ReplyDelete

Featured on...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...