Navigation bar

  • About Me
  • Renovation
  • Decor
  • Crafty
  • Life

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Cleaning Weekend

The house is looking a tad cleaner this week! This past weekend we stayed home most of the time, and we both got the urge to do some deep cleaning. We completely tore apart the living room to get all of those dust bunnies behind the couch, and worst of all - those pesky Asian beetles that linger everywhere this time of year. We had them around the curtains, on the furniture, the walls, and ceiling of the living room.  So, naturally, Trent took the vacuum to them!


I should have taken more pictures, but my allergies were going crazy on Sunday. Too much dust I suppose! So I just got ones of Trent vacuuming. :) We had the couch pulled out, the rug pulled out, the curtains off...it was serious business.


It was such a nice day on Sunday that we even opened the windows and let some air in. I have a feeling that might be the last nice day we have in a while! This week has been chilly and rainy, and we're expecting our first snow this weekend.


It's so weird to see our living room without curtains. Check out the hardware on those windows! I definitely follow the "high and wide" rule when it comes to hanging my curtains. Makes the windows appear tons bigger than they really are! We washed all of our white curtains in some bleach, then hung them back up. I think I did a total of four full loads of laundry on Sunday, with bedding, curtains, pillow cases, and throw blankets. 

We cleaned the kitchen, too. And tackled the pantry area. Two loads of dishes - all tupperware containers! It looks much better in there now, though, so I'm glad we got that all done. Let's just hope it stays that way. ;)

1 comment:

Featured on...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...