Navigation bar

  • About Me
  • Renovation
  • Decor
  • Crafty
  • Life

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Strawberry Fluff Recipe

This year for Mother's Day, my family got together at my cousin's house. We usually each bring a dish to share. I wanted to bring something easy - no cooking or baking required. That's kind of my style. ;)

I've made other easy dishes in the past - Deviled eggs, Snickers salad, a Veggie tray...this time I decided to try something new. I made Strawberry fluff! It's an old favorite of mine, but this was my first time making it. I've always loved Strawberry fluff, even as a kid. My grandma used to make it, and it looked so easy, I knew I could whip it up that morning with no problem.


And it was easy, and turned out really good! I love those recipes that you don't have to be an experienced cook or baker to do. Just toss some ingredients together! So here are the ingredients I used, and the steps to make it. So easy, even a kid could do it! Or help, at least. :)


Ingredients: 
(these produced a good size bowl for my family to all share - and I had some leftover.)

  • 1 container of Cool Whip topping
  • 1 box of strawberry JELL-O mix
  • 1 20 oz can crushed pineapple
  • 1/2 bag of mini marshmallows
  • 1 cup chopped strawberries


I looked at recipes online, and this one is what I based my recipe off of. It looked like the simplest and most like the kind of salad I wanted to make; however, I added marshmallows to mine to make it extra 'fluffy.' 1/2 a bag seemed to do the trick.

Directions:

1. Empty the cool whip into a bowl, and add the strawberry JELL-O Mix. Combine together.
2. Drain the crushed pineapple, and combine with a cup of chopped strawberries in a separate bowl. 
3. Mix the fruit in with the whipped topping/ JELL-O Mixture.
4. Add in mini marshmallows to the mix.
5. Pour the Strawberry Fluff into a serving bowl, and enjoy!

Linked to: The Pin Junkie, Tatertots & Jello

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured on...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...