Navigation bar

  • About Me
  • Renovation
  • Decor
  • Crafty
  • Life

Monday, December 28, 2015

Christmas 2015

How was everyone's Christmas?! Hope you all had fun spending time with family and got everything you wanted! Here's a little recap of our Christmas this year, which was super busy and filled with family.

Our Christmas started out really laid back. Christmas morning, Trent and I opened all of our presents to each other at home. We each got each other lots of little things. Trent got me a couple of coloring books, which I've already started coloring! I got a few movies - Inside Out, 22 Jump Street, and Serendipity. He also got me the Kacey Musgraves and Luke Bryan CDs, and a Bluetooth waterproof speaker that I can listen to when taking a shower or getting ready.

I got Trent Chicago Bears socks and t-shirt, a scarf and beanie, Dave Matthews Band travel coffee mug, a sweater, the Thomas Rhett CD, and the new car jack he wanted. Oh, and some strong coffee and a refillable K-cup to go with it!

I'd say we did pretty good this year with our gifts to each other. 


That afternoon, we stopped by Trent's aunt and uncle's to exchange gifts there with his family. Unfortunately we couldn't stay long though, because we had Christmas with my dad's side of the family that night. Me, Haley, and Mom all wore our ugly Christmas sweaters we got in Chicago. I felt like a total dork, but they were kind of cute.


We did the annual exchanging of presents at my grandma's house, opened presents from Mom and Dad, and Haley and Dan brought their new puppy Frannie along, so we were entertained for quite a while with her shenanigans! I don't think she's calmed down much since we last saw them a month ago. She was her usual excited self!


The day after, we went back to my family's for Christmas with my Mom's side. We all went out for lunch, then exchanged presents and did our new annual tradition of Christmas Bingo. I think each year, the prize selection gets bigger and bigger! It was a good time. 

Later after most of the family left, we watched a movie and our friends Chad and Diane came over for pizza. We ate and played a Movie/TV trivia game until we had to head back home again.


After we got home that night we went back to Trent's aunt's to spend a little time with the folks who are out in Ohio that we don't get to see too often. We were there until about 2:00. What a long but fun weekend. I'm surprised I got any sleep at all!

We did get some awesome gifts from our families, too. Gift cards, jewelry, lots of cookies and sweets, and I finally got a Fitbit! Too bad I didn't do too much that was actually active this weekend! So much sitting around eating food and hanging out with family! But that's what the holidays are all about. 

Today was supposed to be back to work for me, but after some really mild Christmas weather, we had a big winter storm hit this morning. Ice, rain, and snow all fell on us today, with high winds, too. So my work was cancelled, and I got a day to relax and spend time with Trent at home! I took a long nap, and we watched a lot of movies. It was a nice change from all the craziness earlier in the week. 

So that was our busy Christmas weekend. I still don't have all of our gifts put away, but have 2 trash bags full of wrapping paper and boxes that need to go out. Anyone else getting hit by a winter storm? Hopefully the roads are better tomorrow. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured on...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...