Navigation bar

  • About Me
  • Renovation
  • Decor
  • Crafty
  • Life

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Another DIY Votive Complete!

Remember my painted votives made from mini fruit jars? (Click here to view my post on them back in May) Well I painted another one over the weekend. Only this time instead of yellow, I used turquoise. And instead of keeping it on the porch, this one is currently living on the side table in the living room.

It matches the frames in there perfectly! I swear, it's almost the exact same color. And I didn't DIY the frames - I bought them like that from Target. Awesome, right?

All I did was paint the bottom third of the jar with craft paint and a paint brush (creating an imperfect, slightly wavy edge - who likes perfect, right?), then set it upside down to dry for a few hours.

Another easy jar project is complete!

2 comments:

  1. That looks really nice, at first I thought you had the vase filled with sand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Nope, just painted the outside and a tea light inside!

      Delete

Featured on...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...