Navigation bar

  • About Me
  • Renovation
  • Decor
  • Crafty
  • Life

Monday, June 17, 2013

More Abstract Painting Adventures

I'm back with some more adventures in abstract painting! As you might know, I'm a beginner and have been just been doing it as a fun hobby. My first couple attempts didn't go so well..(I think I might be painting over those). Anyway, I had one more canvas I had been wanting to paint - a small, square 10" x 10" one. Here's how it ended up:


I didn't get any photos of the process - I guess I was too consumed in my work! ;) But I snapped a couple right after it was finished:

Horrible lighting, I know. I painted it last night after I got home from my parents' house. It was another quick one. I like to do the whole spontaneous, see-where-it-ends up type of painting instead of planning it all out (composition, color, etc.). I just kind of went with the flow.

Here are some better close-up photos I took today in better lighting - you can see the texture and true colors a lot better:


My inspiration for this painting was Emily Rickard, one of my favorite artists right now. If you haven't seen her work yet, you definitely need to check it out! Here are a few examples of her paintings:


Sources: 1  /  2 (I own this one and LOVE it!)  /  3  /  4

Mine is definitely beginner's work, but I kind of like this one and would like to paint more in this style, too. 

Oh yeah, and I'm calling this one Miss America. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured on...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...