Navigation bar

  • About Me
  • Renovation
  • Decor
  • Crafty
  • Life

Friday, June 28, 2013

COLOR

I feel like I've infused so much color into the house this spring and summer! And I love it! It really makes me so much happier than just plain old neutrals everywhere.
Don't get me wrong - I love my neutral furniture and walls. But I also love those little pops of color in the way of accessories, art and fun DIY projects!

So, I've collected some bright and happy spaces I've found around the web for some color-infusing inspiration:
(source - left, right) One of my favorite ways to bring in color is with bright and patterned pillows. Start with a solid colored sofa, chair, or bed, then bring in the colorful pillows for a little "pop." Colorful flowers on a table also bring in a happy vibe.

(source - left, right) More colorful, patterned pillows! The photo on the right proves that it can also work with a brightly colored sofa. Just try to keep everything else around the room more neutral to avoid overdoing it.

(source - left, right) Use the walls as one big, colorful canvas! A surefire way to infuse color into a space. (I'm not sure if I'm brave enough to try a bold blue shade yet, though!) I absolutely love the different colored frames and mats on the wall in the picture on the right. The color combination is lovely!

(source - left, right) More colorful pillows against a mostly neutral space. And the perfect place to infuse color? Kids' rooms and nurseries! Big, bold abstract art is just one way.

Now, go make your space more colorful! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured on...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...