Navigation bar

  • About Me
  • Renovation
  • Decor
  • Crafty
  • Life

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

First Veggie Harvest of the Year

So, I had the whole day off work yesterday! We didn't have power in the office because of the storm that came through Monday. But I'm not complaining. It was a nice day off. And I got a lot of work done on my blog :) In other news though, we officially have our first harvest of the year from our garden...although it's a really small one:
Cayenne peppers. In case you are unaware, these peppers are Spicy and HOT! Trent = just had to get these. Me = haven't tried them yet, as I am not a fan of hot & spicy things.  I'm hoping maybe in small doses they will be good in salsa?

They are continuing to spawn...Trent just transplanted them into the ground from the original pot they came in.

Moving on from the peppers - a vegetable I am actually excited to be growing - Tomatoes! And we are growing LOTS of them this year! These guys aren't quite ripe yet, but hopefully soon!

Also - does anyone know what this plant is?.........



YEP - It's a cucumber plant! No cucumbers yet, but I didn't know they grew such pretty flowers, did you? You can see more of our garden here. I have another little update to share coming up this afternoon, so stay tuned! I've been a busy gal with no work and all. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured on...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...