Navigation bar

  • About Me
  • Renovation
  • Decor
  • Crafty
  • Life

Monday, June 10, 2013

LeClaire and the Zoo

Back to share a little more about my weekend! Saturday after walking in Race for the Cure, Trent and I decided to check out the yard sales and shops in LeClaire. It was the town yard sale days! It was getting close to noon by the time we got there so a lot of them seemed to be a little picked over, and we didn't leave with much. But we also checked out a few shops we had never been to. Like Antique Archaeology - the shop owned by the American Pickers themselves.

Anyone else watch the show on the History Channel? We live about 35 minutes away from LeClaire, and I had always wanted to check it out since I love that show. The main people from the show (Mike, Frank, and Danielle) weren't there unfortunately, but it was still cool to see it in person.

It was a lot smaller than I thought it would be (maybe because it was really crowded with lots of people who were out yard-saling and wanted to check it out too?)

We just looked around, we didn't buy anything. Anybody want a fox head for their wall?

There were some pretty cool things in there. Lots of motorcycle memorabilia of course, lots of oil/gas signs, and if you've seen the episode where Danielle drives the clown car and it breaks down...you might recognize it sitting outside the shop. (It's so tiny!)


It was fun to finally be able to go here. Maybe we'll come back when we know Danielle and/or Frank and Mike are in town so we can meet them. Haha.



Le Claire is actually a really cute little town with a nice downtown area right by the river. There are lots of little shops, and it's historic as well. We checked out a couple of other antique shops, like this one below, called Grasshoppers -



There were tons of gifts and antiques, but my favorite part was the basement, which was full of wine. We even tried a little Strawberry Rhubarb wine (A little too sweet for me)!


The last place we stopped in LeClaire was another antique shop, Mississippi Cottage Antiques -

This was one of the fanciest antique shops I think we've ever been to. Very high quality stuff, which of course comes with higher prices! I didn't get any photos inside.

So after a long day of walking in a race, then yard saling and antiquing in Le Claire, what else did we do? We went to the zoo. Yep, just to hang out some more. Haha. Actually, I wanted to see my favorite friends - the giraffes.


They are my absolute favorites, so I'll spare you the 5,000 photos I took of them.


But aren't these flowers gorgeous, too??


As you can probably tell, Saturday was quite the busy day. So yesterday was spent laying on the couch watching movies all day. I. did. not. want. to. move. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured on...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...