Navigation bar

  • About Me
  • Renovation
  • Decor
  • Crafty
  • Life

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Antiquey Finds in Galesburg, Illinois

I mentioned yesterday that I had a crafty and antiquey weekend. Part of that is because on Saturday, my sister Haley came over, and we decided to do a little antiquing! We went to a local antique mall about 20 minutes away in Galesburg, Illinois. It's in a historic downtown area that's really charming. Trent and I had been to the place a couple of years ago, and I was excited to go back! We had been watching a lot of Rehab Addict on the DIY Network and American Pickers on the History Channel. It got us in the mood to hunt down some good finds!

After browsing the store for quite a while, I walked out with three things I am quite excited about:

You might already know that I'm a plate collector - check out This Post to see what I'm talking about - so I was super excited to have found TWO new plates to add to my collection!



Aren't they purdy?!

This first guy is a larger plate I think I'm going to put in my China hutch. I think it is gorgeous, and it was only $4.00!

This guy is a smaller one and it was $15. A little pricey, but I love how detailed and colorful it is. I think I'm going to hang it in the kitchen with my other little beauties:

And then there's this guy:

For $10.00, I thought it would make an amazing bookend on my bookshelf! Of course, my little bookshelves are going to need a makeover before they can really look amazing and I can properly style them, but I loved the curvy lines of this horsey guy, and I am definitely wanting to paint him a glossy white color. I saw This Project via Pinterest, and it has the wheels in my head turning! I see another Pinterest project coming.....

On that same subject, stay tuned tomorrow for my Pinterest Challenge post! I've been working on a little crafty project I've been wanting to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured on...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...