Navigation bar

  • About Me
  • Renovation
  • Decor
  • Crafty
  • Life

Friday, February 1, 2013

Young House Love's Macklemore Thrift Shop Challenge!

Woo! So excited to finally be able to take part in one of these :) 

I've always been jealous of all those bloggers getting to join in on those "link party" things and start to think..'Maybe I should start blogging again..' Well, now I can finally participate! Woot -

So I knew I HAD to do this challenge that Young House Love created, inspired by this awesomely catchy song - "Thrift Shop" by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis. Here's the music video if you have no idea what song I'm talking about:


Uh, yeah..all week long I've been singing, "I'm gonna pop some tags, only got twenty dollars in my pocket...." It's so totally one of those songs that gets stuck in your head all day!

Anyway, The rules for the challenge were as follows:

1.) Go to a thrift shop with, as the song says, "$20 in your pocket."
2.) Spend your $20 however you want. But you can't go OVER $20.
3.) Find one or more items referenced in the song and take a picture. For example, it can include: a keyboard, a knee board, shoes with velcro, a brown leather jacket, moccasins, a big a$$ coat...etc. (You know, the usual.)

So, on Saturday we decided to check out the Salvation Army. Which is always interesting. Here's me in all my squintiness and my 20 buckeroos:

Step ONE - DONE!

I wasn't really looking for anything in particular, but always like to browse thrift stores for some things for the house. And I ended up getting these two lovely items:

1. A small table lamp that I plan on using in the eventual guest room upstairs.
2. This funky black vase that I just thought was really modern and cool looking!

I'm not sure where I am going to put the vase yet..right now it's just kind of sitting in the living room. But I hope to find a nice little place for it someday :)

I'm really pleased with the two items I got. And I was soo thinking it was going to be under $20. But,  alas, observe:
See the total? Yep, I went 40 cents over!!! :( Stupid tax. I was all ready to hand her over my twenty dollar bill. Oh well! Then it turned out the lamp was missing the pull chain, so we had to pick one up from Lowe's, spending another $5.00 or so. Trent got it fixed though, and it works wonderfully now!

Pitfalls aside though, we did have a pretty good time at the thrift store..

Yep, a BIG A$$ Coat!! Haha. What a weirdo...  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured on...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...