Navigation bar

  • About Me
  • Renovation
  • Decor
  • Crafty
  • Life

Thursday, October 30, 2014

A Bittersweet Halloween

By this time in October, Trent and I have usually decided on costumes and carved our pumpkins for Halloween. It is tomorrow, of course. This year though, we have other plans. My boss and the owner of our company passed away on Sunday, so this week has been a little harder than most. Instead of handing out candy for Trick-or-treaters tomorrow, we will be headed four hours away for Jim's funeral on Saturday.

Needless to say, it will be a bittersweet Halloween for us. The day of the funeral - November 1 - is also the 6th anniversary of Trent's mom's death. It's hard to believe it's been six years already.

We are hoping to get our pumpkins carved tonight, although I'm sure they will not be as elaborate or creative as years' past. I've had so many other things on my mind this week, I've almost forgotten it's Halloween tomorrow. It has been a whirlwind, and it's been especially strange at work all week without Jim there.

Jim was a wise, caring, and knowledgable man who I will never forget. He cared so much about animals and mankind alike and did every power in his being to help them. We've all learned so much from him and plan to carry on his legacy the best we can.

So this Halloween weekend, I'll be thinking of Jim and will be lighting the candle in my Jack O'Lantern in his memory. R.I.P. Jim!

Image from here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured on...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...