Navigation bar

  • About Me
  • Renovation
  • Decor
  • Crafty
  • Life

Friday, January 2, 2015

House Goals for 2015

How was everyone's New Years Day? Trent finally got out of bed around 2 pm. We had some bloody marys, I took down the Christmas tree and vacuumed, did some laundry, and there was lots of movie watching as usual. It was a nice day off.

Today I thought I'd reflect a little bit on 2014 and plan out our house renovation goals for the new year. Last year I had some lofty house goals. I don't feel like we accomplished a whole lot with the house though this past year. These were my House resolutions for 2014:

2014 House Resolutions:
1. Raise/level the living room.
2. Fully install the baseboard in the living room (only been waiting about 3 1/2 years for this to get done!)
3. Kitchen foundation / leveling / gutting / renovation (that's a mouthful, and encompasses a bunch of work!)
4. Organization - clothes storage in the bedroom, and starting on the closet and pantry. 
5. Walkway in the front yard.

Of those 5 goals, we only got ONE accomplished. Haha. #4-Organization in the bedroom. It took a while, but in August, Trent finally got his bedroom shelves completed


I have to say, it has helped a little bit, but Trent still has way too many clothes to be fully organized. It's a start, though. 

I don't know how much we will actually get done with the house this year, but here are a few resolutions for the house in 2015 that I'm hoping we get to! And I've carried over the goals from last year, just for fun.

2015 House Resolutions:
1. Walkway in the front yard. (I'm moving this to top priority this spring/summer!)
2. New couch in the living room - We've been looking at sectionals!
3. New appliances (We desperately want a new stove)
4. Raise/level the living room.
5. Fully install the baseboard in the living room (only been waiting about 3 1/2 years for this to get done!--- make that 4 1/2.)
6. Kitchen foundation / leveling / gutting / renovation (that's a mouthful, and encompasses a bunch of work!)
7. Finish Hallway.
8. Start on pantry/closet reno.

Since we started planning a wedding last summer, it's been busier than usual, and house priorities have moved more to Trent's territory, while I work on wedding stuff. So we haven't been able to get as much done over the past year, and this year I'm sure will be the same.

I'm hoping that we can at least get a few new things done in the renovation department, and that all the wedding planning goes smoothly! 

I'll be back tomorrow with a roundup of some highlights from 2014! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured on...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...