Navigation bar

  • About Me
  • Renovation
  • Decor
  • Crafty
  • Life

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Thrift Store Additions

In the last few years, I have really become a fan of antiquing and thrifting. (check out all of my antiquing adventures here, including this one) It kind of started with my collecting of pretty vintage plates, and then my owl and ceramic/brass animal obsession...and then with the wedding planning this past year, I've been scouring yard sales, thrift shops, antique stores, and flea markets looking for vintage milk glass vases and other items for the wedding.

Last weekend we had some time to do a little shopping while in the cities, so we decided to stop at the local Goodwill to see if there were any good deals or anything we could use for the wedding. One thing I was looking for was a cake stand, or any platters or candlesticks or other materials to DIY one. I didn't really find those, but I did find a couple of really cheap decor items for the house, so it wasn't a total loss!

This basket of pinecones was $3.88. I've been kind of obsessed with pinecones this winter, especially for Christmas decor. I was originally just going to use the pine cones and put them in a big vase or bowl or something, but I actually ended up liking them the way they were in this basket. So I'm leaving them this way for now.



I also found this little gold decorative bowl for only $1.88. You know how I've been loving gold in our living room lately! So I was pretty excited about this little find. I think I'm going to put some potpourri or something inside.



So for a little over $5, I was able to add a little to the living room decor...not bad, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured on...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...